Saturday 10 May 2014

Freebie: Roll and Cover Addition Game

I have mainly been posting paid items for English, so I thought I'd mix it up a bit! :)

Today I'm sharing a simple, fun, addition game that I've used in a year 1 class. It's a superhero themed roll and cover game. Click on the pic below to get your FREE copy on TPT!

Or click here to get it on TN!

How does it work? The game is played in pairs or small groups. Each student has their own game board. Students take turns to roll two dice. They find the total and cover the corresponding number on their board. The first to cover all numbers is the winner.

You can use the typical dot dice or vary it by using a dot die and a numeral die.

This game is great for getting students to practise counting on. I had several different themed boards that I rotated throughout the year so the game was always 'fresh'.

I have also started selling my products on Teachers' Notebook, click on the link in my sidebar to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment